1. I am sure you've heard this before, wash your face before bed! " But Lisa.. I didn't even put makup on today.". It dosn't matter if you put anything on your face all day. Just through the course of your day dirt , oil and toxins get to your skin causing skin irritation, inflammation and breakouts.
2. Cleanse your face in the AM. "But. Lisa I just washed it a few hours ago and have been sleeping". Yes but while you were sleeping whatever was on your pillow is on your face! Even if you regularly change your pillow case. Saliva, sweat, oils from your hair. And any night cream ( thats another story ) you've used before bed.
3. Do not use too hot or too cold water. Use lukewarm water, too hot and it can cause dilation of blood vessels and breakage of delicate tissue. It also strips more natural oils from your face causing dry itchy, flaky skin .
4. Use a fresh washcloth! Since your washing all that gunk off on it why reuse it? Throw it in the laundry.
5. Use a seperate towl for gently blotting your face dry, not the one you just dried your whole body off on.
6. Use your morning moisturizer right after , blotting your face dry gently, and while your face is still moist. This will help the absorption of your moisturizer.
7. Use a gentle cleanser such as Anew rich cleansing foam. do not rub it in. just gently go over your face with your fingertips.
8. splash off the cleanser with lukewarm water, see above , gently blot dry and your then set for your skin care.